Saturday, March 31, 2018

TOKYO: Ultimate List of My Favorite Places

This is my ultimate favorite places in Tokyo and an ongoing list, which I will gradually update. For those who seek for my recommendations, I have my Google Maps list saved in this article too. I hope my list can help you finding lovely places in Tokyo!




Stationeries and art supplies:
  • Sekaido
  • Tokyu Hands in Shibuya (they also have a nice cafe on top)
  • Loft (go to the ground floor and the one on top)
Coffee:
  • Blue Bottle
  • FRANKIE Melbourne Espresso in Shimokitazawa (SO GOOD OMAGAH)
  • About Life Coffee Brewers
Design, art, photography books:
  • Village Vanguard in Shimokitazawa
Accessories:
  • Romantic Standard
  • Punyus
  • Wego
  • Basically all around Harajuku
Concept cafe:
  • Aoyama Flower Market Tea House (be ready for long queue)
  • Honey mi Honey Pink is Heart Motel cafe
  • L'occitane Cafe Shibuya for a nice view of the famous crossing (or if you're willing to queue, just go to Starbucks at the crossing
Kawaii Trinkets:
  • La Foret (lovely local designers hand made stuff at a price)
  • Flying Tiger
  • Village Vanguard in Shimokitazawa
  • Basically everywhere

Cute gallery shop:
  • Nathalie Lete's shop (Le Monde de Nathalie)
  • Gallery Doux Dimanche

For a lovely stroll around the neighborhood:
  • Shimokitazawa
  • Kichijoji
  • Aoyama
  • Omotesando
  • The street of Aoyama-Itchome (in front of Shake Shack) for LOVELY AUTUMN golden leaves tunnel like this
  • Main road of Ginza on Sunday for car free day!
Picnic:
  • Shinjuku Gyoen
  • Yoyogi Koen
Others:
Eat:
  • Gyukatsu Motomura
  • Ramen Ouka
  • Yayoiken
  • Dominique Ansel
  • Shake Shack
  • Luke's Lobster (I'm not a fan of, but I put them in this list because they kind of that meal you must try in Tokyo for most people)
  • Uobei Sushi (for cheap sushi, taste wise - similar to Sushi Tei)
Stay:
  • Nui Hostel (I stayed here many times, great hostel, clean, top notch service & they serve good coffee at their cafe)
  • APA Hotel (affordable hotel at good locations, room is VERY small)
Wifi:
Cheap luggage:
  • Ginza Karen (my luggage wheel broke and I had to buy a new one. Bought 27" luggage for only Rp 700.000)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Home

I'm in the process of starting this new blog as a small space for me to write my thoughts (and my heart) out. I don't know what had...