Friday, September 1, 2017

New Home

I'm in the process of starting this new blog as a small space for me to write my thoughts (and my heart) out. I don't know what had happened, but I started to dislike my old blog. Seeing the blog simply removes my mood to write. I had so many things to share to my blog, but whenever I sign in to my blog account, I instantly lost the mood. I think my own absence to the blog is one of the reasons why I lost the mood of writing. I also feel that blog is somehow very editorial these days. It's no longer a place where people share their personal thoughts. The marketing and branding needs are pretty strong in the blogosphere. It's not like it's wrong, but I like blogging because it feels very personal. Like you can really read what people are thinking and dig deeper into their thoughts through their blog. Blogging is very different with Instagram. No matter how much I love sharing pictures and gathering inspirations from Instagram, I honestly still love blog much better than social networking app. I found many inspiring people who are very creative and interesting in expressing themselves through their blog. It's kind of sad that a lot of bloggers that I've known (not in person) since 2009, the year I started my old blog, have stopped blogging. I have a few list of my favorite blog people for years and recently I browsed through their blog and I became really sad. Most of my favorite people are no longer blogging and even some of them couldn't be traced on the internet. Some who stopped blogging, they left goodbye notes on their very last post. Their notes are pretty sad to me. They inspired me a lot back in those days. Even though I didn't know them in person, but I love what they have shared through their blogs. Some who stopped updating their blog also have Instagram. I checked their profiles on Instagram and it sparked me joy a little to see that they a different life compare to the old ones I admired eight years ago. Mostly got married, have kids, working in different fields, they changed. This also makes me think that it's normal to feel like I don't belong in my own blog, my old one. It's like finding yourself all over again, starting from zero. Even though the medium is just the same, but I want this blog to be a diary for me in the future, to look back, to learn from my younger self, to remind me of my journey, my struggles, and learn from my mistakes. Because that's the reason why I started blogging eight years ago. 

Welcoming myself to this new space in the internet I call home :)


Cherry blossom I saw in Yodo, Kyoto, last March during my honeymoon trip with hubby. I love cherry blossom so much. They look so delicate and it makes me so happy each time I see them in my photo archive. 

1 comment:

  1. aku baru tau ternyata pindah ke sini huhu, aku selalu buka-buka blog lama eh kok Dinda nggak apdet2 huhu. Kirain udah ga ngeblog lagi ehhehe.
    yayyy tetap mengispirasi ya, Dinda. xx

    ReplyDelete

New Home

I'm in the process of starting this new blog as a small space for me to write my thoughts (and my heart) out. I don't know what had...