Saturday, October 28, 2017

Things I Enjoy in My Life at 27

I find it really hard to actually spare time to write in this blog. I do have a lot of things to say, but they ended up mostly in my phone's note app. It's really challenging for me to hold my stories and try to write them out here. In this instant era of 2017, it's so much easier to swipe on Insta story and just write the hell out there.

So let me start this easy.

I'd like to write about the things I enjoy in my life right now.


I love having instant coffee at home, specifically with my green cup that has a cute white graphics printed on it. I just changed my instant coffee to Nescafe green coffee. I personally thought the packaging kind of distract how my brain thinks the taste would be like, but apparently I like how it tasted. I have tried making my own coffee manually, using french press that I bought from IKEA (which was a pretty good deal for Rp 99k). I like it but it took more efforts to make a single cup of coffee in the morning. I am not a fan of washing my french press with some grounded coffee leftovers in it.


I like listening to calming songs I collected in my Spotify account when I drive, paint, or writing, just like what I'm doing right now. One of my favorite songs is Flume by Bon Iver.


I love it when I do pink blush on my makeup. It makes my face fresh and is very easy thing to do. My favorite blush is not actually a blush, but it's a matte liquid lipstick from Make Over (shade 004 - Vanity). My overall makeup is very easy and light. I don't really do heavy makeup as I don't like having many chemicals on my face. I try on having less makeup as possible because I want my skin to breathe. I am much older now and I really think on the products that I use on my face. Before I apply my makeup, I always use SKII FTE, the miracle water, to hydrate my skin. I have been using this product for around 2 years. My skin has never been so friendly like this before I use SKII. More on this later. After SKII, I just recently had an additional skin care to apply before anything else, a sun screen. I was looking for sun screen when I was in Tokyo a few weeks ago and the easiest to find was Biore Aqua Rich (SPF 50). It reacts to my skin just like water and so far I have no problem with it. After I have my skin well hydrated, I use just a tad of concealer under my eyes (I have dark circles) and some dark acne spots. Then I use my blush and fill my eyebrows, followed by using light eyeshadows (if needed). I use a compact powder that matches my skin tone to make my skin looks even and sometimes I finish my makeup routine with some highlight touches (I use eyeshadow for this).


I love seeing people cooking, I love seeing how dishes are made. The more I cook, the more I love doing it. Culinary is my second biggest passion actually. Not many people know, I myself just discover this a few months ago. I don't watch tv, but when I do, it must be some culinary series. Then after I got married and moved to a new house with Rudi, I cook even more, then I realised that I do really love making food. I love the whole process from choosing the fresh ingredients, slicing and chopping the proteins or veggies, sizzling them on the pan, serving them on the plate and actually tasting my own meals. Seeing the minced garlic turning golden and smell it really gives me joy, the simplest form of joy probably. I am still a beginner in cooking, of course, but I am really happy with what I cook and especially my husband loves my cookings! He eats whatever I cook for him and I always seek for reviews from him, what to improve and what meals should I cook for him next. I mostly cook in the morning, so I can wrap some lunch for Rudi. Sometimes I also do special meals on the weekend. My husband's favorite dishes are: Chicken teriyaki, Indonesian spicy hard boiled eggs, spicy fried rice, and my chicken katsu curry rice. While my favorite dishes to make at home are fried rice, chicken teriyaki, and sauteed bok choy. I can keep on writing many things I love about culinary but I think I should stop here for this post.


I love hugging my husband's back until I fall asleep. It calms me and makes me feel safe :)


Next month will mark my career change for exactly two years. I must say that being a full time illustrator has never been easier day by days. The biggest challenge for me is not the projects or creative blocks, but to manage my time wisely. I cry a lot when I have too much pressures from deadlines. Sometimes I think I have pushed myself too hard that it became unhealthy for my mental health because I tend to be more emotional, not happy and not able to spend more time with the people that I love. So now I try to be more strict in my time management. As I mostly work during weekends (for events and teaching workshop), I always sneak up a day or two days off in the weekdays. It's harder that it seems because I kind of steal a day off when other people are in full speed. But I have to do it unless I wouldn't have time to rest or grow my creative side. This is why I always try to spend my Mondays with my mom. It's been great, we went to places on Monday morning, we don't go to the center of the city so the traffic is very friendly. I love spending time with my Mom, I love it even more because we don't argue as much as we used to. When I was still living in the same house with my mom, no matter how much love we are pouring to each other, but we argued a lot, we fought a lot, and we were definitely hurting each other. But as now I am living separately from my mom, so I try to always be the very best version of me when I am seeing my mom. I avoid arguments and I just want to spend the best times with my mom.


I do still have many things to write about that's related to this post, but it's already 2.20 AM so I have to end this post right here.

Don't forget to count your blessings.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Home

I'm in the process of starting this new blog as a small space for me to write my thoughts (and my heart) out. I don't know what had...