Sunday, May 6, 2018

Perfect Morning

This morning I woke up feeling happy and energetic, I don't know why. Maybe because I woke up an hour earlier? Maybe because I have only 1 major thing in my to do list this morning because I have finished most of my works last Friday? Also maybe because I spent (probably) 19 hours of sleep last Saturday? Maybe.



Speaking of sleeping on the weekends, last Saturday was probably the best Saturday I had in years. Usually my Saturday will be full of working (workshop, drawing event, or finishing a deadline at home), going to my mom or my mom in law's house, having dinner and going to the cinema with hubby, etc etc etc, the list is too long to count. I've been working so hard in the first half year of 2018 (it's still May, I know, but let's just call it half year). I've been working so hard that I found myself full of pressure that I couldn't even bear. I've been working so hard that I started to feel tired of drawing. This is a huge alarm for me. I know I gotta chill a bit, but at the same time, I love working. Overlapping timelines(sss), events after events, I am very blessed, but at the same time, I was so stressed out, I didn't even have time to rest. Sometimes I woke up past mid night with things running in my head, thinking about ideas or plans for the next day's work. Lol.

This morning I cooked cauliflower garlic seasoned rice with nori, yakitori and fried eggs on the side for my husband's lunch. I did some cooking prep yesterday, so this morning it wasn't all drama in the kitchen. And the fact that I don't have events or major deadline this afternoon makes everything feels so calm. I enjoy my time a lot in the kitchen. I didn't believe my mom when she said she didn't want to eat her cookings, but now that it happens to me, I kinda understand quite a bit.

I kicked my habit of having sweetened instant coffee every morning and switched it with another instant coffee, but unsweetened. Sadly, it tasted like crap. And I hate brewing my own coffee every morning with a french press because washing the strainer is a pain. So I sadly confirm that now I'm back to my old routine....


To me, a perfect morning would be waking up early, cook lunch for hubby and start working before 8.30

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Home

I'm in the process of starting this new blog as a small space for me to write my thoughts (and my heart) out. I don't know what had...